Art’s Skillet founder Arturo (Art) Ugalde felt he had the experience to be a restauranteur after spending over 22 years in the industry. He just needed a push in the right direction to give his entrepreneurial spirit a start. That push came on Black Friday in 2012 when the economy picked him to join the unemployed. With support from friends and family members he decided that it was a message to do what he always wanted to do – provide an appetizing, fast, casual breakfast, and lunch experience, to patrons, at a great value. That was the beginning of Art’s Skillet. He hopes that you and your friends will be as inspired by this restaurant as he is. When you see Art working in his restaurant, give him a pat on the back. He is making the American dream come true one wonderful plate of food at a time.
Are you looking to work for a growing, local, and customer focused restaurant?
Art’s Skillet is looking for a few great men and women that love customer service, great quality good, and delivering the best to customers.
If you are interested in any of these jobs feel free to come into the restaurant and fill out an application:
The purpose of this position is to interact with our guests and ensure they have a great experience when dining at Art’s Skillet. restaurant servers are responsible for positive guest interactions while serving guests in a friendly and efficient manner. At all times, servers are expected to be attentive to our guest needs and making them feel welcome, comfortable,
Important and relaxed. Servers are expected to have some basic cooking knowledge.
- Prepares the tables, laying out napkins and utensils, making sure the condiments are refilled, performing all other preparation tasks.
- Staying updated on current menu choices, specialties and menu deviations, knowing if the kitchen staff is running out of any items…etc.
- Handle the table bookings, direct customers to their tables, presenting menus, suggesting dishes, making sure guests get drinks, and refills, informing customers about food preparation details, communicating specific customer needs to the cooks.
- Maintaining proper dining experience, delivering items, fulfilling customer needs, offering desserts and drinks, removing courses, replenishing utensils, refilling glasses.
- Obtaining revenues, issuing receipts, accepting payments, returning the change.
- Performing basic cleaning tasks as needed or directed by supervisor.
- Filling in for absent staff as needed.
- Assisting with special events as needed.
- Greet all guests warmly with an appropriate greeting.
- Adhere to grooming and appearance standards consistently.
- Understands and can communicate products and services available at the restaurant.
- Must have some familiarity with basic cooking skills.
Seeking a Cashier position for Art’s Skillet where excellent customer service and cash handling skills can be utilized to develop the restaurants efficiency.
• Hands-on experience in accepting payments from customers and give change and receipts
• Highly skilled in using cash registers, and calculators to calculate the price of items that customers buy.
• Proven record of using the right process for cash, credit cards, or other types of payment
• In-depth knowledge of trouble resolution.
• Thorough understanding of counting money in a register at the beginning and end of shift.
• Track record of greeting customers in a polite and friendly manner
• Able to bag and wrap customers’ purchases (to go orders)
• Demonstrated ability to assist customers with bills, communicating to them about gift certificates, or other services.
• Proven ability to answer customers’ questions and give information regarding the business procedures and policies in an exact and customer-friendly way.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Dedicated and careful – high level of accuracy and strong attention to detail
• Fluent in English (Spanish a Plus)
• MS Word, Excel (A Plus)